The Department of Education of the Argentine Federation of Cardiology - FAC, and the Sixth Virtual Congress of Cardiology - 6CVC will continue with the REFACIN (REcertification by the FAC through the INternet) system. REFACIN is a system for self-evaluation, which enables obtaining credits for the Recertification in the Specialty of Cardiology by the system of the Argentine Federation of Cardiology.
The FAC demands for the recertification, the presentation of documents certifying 1,000 points obtained in 5 years, i.e. 200 points per year. The system REFACIN, to which every member of 6CVC can access, will allow to add the following credits:
** The credits for recertification will be granted by presentation of the corresponding certificate
- The inscription to 6CVC will grant 75 credits
- The approval of the REFACIN final evaluation will grant 75 "additional" credits.
- The "Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Course" in the frame of 6CVC, will grant 50 "additional" credits.
During the Congress, tests or sets of 30 questions (1st. Package in Spanish, 2do. Package in Spanish, 3rd. Package in Spanish) about the lectures will be prepared. Each one will allow the accreditation of 25 points. They will be published between the time of development of the congress and December 23rd, 2009.
The answers will be published in April 2010. Afterwards, the documents with the points obtained will be sent to the corresponding participants.
Note: For the participants who are interested and who do not work in Argentina, the Committee of Education of the Argentine Federation of Cardiology will issue a certification, where the type of evaluation made and the results will be stated.
To obtain the points, the following requirements should be met:
- Registration (free of charge) to the 6VCC. Although the registration to the FVCC will end on November 30th, 2009, access to the lectures will be available permanently.
- Answer correctly at least an 80% (24 answers) of the 30 questions by each test (a total of three sets, 90 questions), which will be presented on the basis of a group of lectures presented at the Congress. The questions will be published in four installments until December 23rd, 2009, on the Web pages of the 6VCC, along with the list of Lectures and the chart to write the answers.
- Print and send the chart with the answers (they may be sent up to March 30th, 2010), with an authenticated photocopy of the medical degree and the corresponding professional credential number (the photocopies should be sent only once) to:
Secretaría de Docencia FAC
Bulnes 1004 (C1176ABT)
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires
Dr. Juan Plastino
Dr. Carlos Becker