Computational Hemodynamic Analysis
of Anterior Communicating Cerebral Artery Aneurysms
Marcelo A. Castro
Research Scientist, Investigador Adjunto-CONICET, Argentina
Universidad Tecnológica Nacional, GIBIO
(Grupo de Investigación y
Desarrollo en Bioingeniería).
Christopher M. Putman
Department of Interventional Neuroradiology,
INNOVA Fairfax Hospital.
Fairfax, Virginia, USA.
Juan R. Cebral
Center for Computational Fluid Dynamics,
George Mason University.
Fairfax, Virginia, USA.
Curriculum of Dr. Marcelo A. Castro
- Research Scientist (Investigador Adjunto – CONICET, Argentina) at the Universidad Tecnológica Nacional, GIBIO (Grupo de Investigación y Desarrollo en Bioingeniería).
- Professor at the Universidad Tecnológica Nacional (Argentina).
- Research Affiliate of the George Mason University (Fairfax, VA, USA).
- His research interests are the computational hemodynamics and the medical image processing and analysis.
- Author of a considerable number of publications in the field.
- He is the principal investigator of two sponsored research grants within the frame of an international collaboration with Juan R. Cebral, PhD, focused on patient-specific image-based computational hemodynamic studies of cerebral aneurysms.
- PhD degree in Computational Sciences at the George Mason University, and conducted research as a postdoctoral fellow under Dr. Cebral advisory.
- Before taking on his research position at CONICET (Argentina), he conducted research at the National Institutes of Health (Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland, USA) in the field of clinical image processing and analysis.
Curriculum of Dr. Christopher M. Putman
- Director of the Department of Neuroradiology at INOVA Fairfax Hospital (Falls Church, Virginia, USA).
- Associate Faculty of the George Mason University (Fairfax, Virginia, USA).
- Clinical Associate at the George Washington School of Medicine (Washington, DC, USA).
- Author of over 90 original peer-reviewed articles and principal investigator and co-investigator for a large number of sponsored research grants.
- He keeps a close collaboration with the Center of Computational Fluid Dynamics (George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, USA).
- Research projects within this collaboration are mainly focused on the computational study of cerebral aneurysms.
Curriculum of Dr. Juan R. Cebral
- Professor at the College of Sciences of the George Mason University.
- He leads a group on Computational Hemodynamics within the Center of Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Author of over 50 peer-reviewed papers in top scientific journals, over 100 conference papers and a large amount of book chapters and other publications.
- He is the principal investigator of a considerable number of grants from NIH, AHA, The Whitaker Foundation, Philips Medical System, etc., and the adviser of postdoctoral fellows, and undergraduate and graduate students, including Marcelo A. Castro (2002-2007).
- He has also been co-investigator for some national and European sponsored research grants.
- He keeps collaboration with Christopher M. Putman, MD, PhD, director of the Department of Neuroradiology at INOVA Fairfax Hospital (Falls Church, Virginia, USA).
Publication: October 2011