Curriculum of Dr. Valentín Fuster
- Spanish Cardiologist, Doctor in Medicine, granted by the Facultad de Barcelona.
- General Director of the Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) from Spain.
- Director of the Cardiovascular Research Institute of the Mount Sinai Hospital, New York.
- Former President of the American Heart Association.
- Former President of the World Heart Federation.
- Currently, a member of the Institute of Medicine of the United States National Academy of Science.
- Currently, a member of the Advisory Council of the United States National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.
- He has published more than 500 scientific articles in medical international journals and two of the most prestigious books devoted to clinical cardiology and cardiological research, “The Heart” and “Atherotrombosis and Coronary Artery Disease”.
- The Príncipe de Asturias Award to Investigation (1996), Awards to Investigation by the American Heart Association, the American College of Cardiology, the European Society of Cardiology, and the InterAmerican Society of Cardiology.
- Recently, he received the Kurt Polzer Award in the Cardiovascular Area of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts.
Publication: September 2011