Index FAC - FVCC Index
General Information for Sponsors
Societies in charge (Patagonia Region)
Río Negro and Neuquén
Objectives: to put forth an International Congress, with a high scientific level and low cost for participants, which will be able to reach the great majority of world users, although they may not have access to the latest innovations in computer technology, which may enable interactivity among the lecturers and the public, without their needing to move from their place of origin, and at the time they prefer.
Brief Summary and Background of
the FAC activity on the Internet
The Argentine Federation of Cardiology - FAC, uses since 1995 the basic Internet resources as a communication tool and to develop scientific and academic activities. Between the latter, the three congresses held completely through the Internet stand out, the Virtual Congresses of Cardiology (VCCs) and the Forum on Continuing Education on Cardiology (FECC). The congresses, where the lectures, narrations, abstracts and brief communications are published in Web pages, and the participants interact through e-mail, have been obtaining since 1999, a growing participation and international projection. The 1st VCC (FVCC), original in the specialty, was held from October 1st, 1999, to March 31st, 2000, and it had 7574 registrants from 95 countries; the 2nd VCC (SVCC), September 1st to November 30th, 2001, had 11700 participants from 107 countries, and the 3rd VCC (TVCC), September 1st to November 30th, 2003, had 14118 participants from 122 countries. These Congresses are scheduled and held every two years. At this moment, we are working fully on the task of preparing the Fourth Virtual Congress of Cardiology.
See the FAC site for further details: www.fac.org.ar
On this occasion, we are presenting to the industry the proposals that may be of interest.
We take for granted your own experience in the World Wide Web, and the benefits obtained, and we offer next the figures that you may find interesting.
1. The FVCC reaches more than 120 countries, and a number no lower than 15000 participants, almost all of them cardiologists and the majority grouped in Iberian America.
2. This group of participants will receive access to the web pages, which following the way of presential congresses, have a central hall, industry rooms, lectures and interactive discussion groups.
3. In the pages there is a possibility to place banners, links and logos from companies.
4. Symposia from the industry will be offered
5. Between lecturers and authors, you will find the most prestigious figures of national and international Cardiology
6. The topics and thematic areas comprise all the specialties, including the usual topics that are enumerated next, which are only a brief guiding outline, but not thorough.
High blood pressure
Pacemakers and defibrillators
Interventionism and related devices
and many more
In brief, the menu that is offered, comprises:
- Satellite symposia
- Sponsored lecturers
- Banners, logos and hypertexts in the pages of the congress
- Links in the pages to the sites of the industry
- Sponsoring of mailing lists (18 thematic lists, including heart failure, high blood pressure, prevention, arrhythmias, etc.) with the name and/or logo in all the messages exchanged
- Foot of lectures, foot of brief communications
- Sponsor of the weekly newsletter (13 or 14 weekly newsletters that are distributed through e-mail to all the registrants, with the highlights of the week and interesting information)
- Central Hall
- Community Hall
- Sponsoring and editing of the final CD with all the material of the Congress
- We are open to ideas or suggestions that you may send us from your commercialization and/or informatics department
It should be taken into account that the presence in the pages, can begin from much earlier than the beginning of the congress. The event itself will represent three months of intense activity, which once finished will have all the information still available in the pages of the congress and the final CD.
We remain waiting for your consultations or suggestions.
Dr. Ladislao Endrei
Dr. Diego Esandi
Dra. Silvia Nanfara
Webmaster Updated: 05/21/2004