Instructions for Authors of Brief Communications
Abstract Submission: from January 1st, 2007
Deadline to submit Abstracts: June 30 th , 2007
Judges - Full text submittance - Awards
Instructions for Abstracts submittance
Previously unpublished texts will be accepted, as well as those presented in on-site conferences in years 2006 and 2007. Abstracts from papers published on the Internet will not be accepted.
Brief communications presented in the 25 th and 26 th National Congresses of Cardiology of the FAC, are considered accepted for their presentation in the Fifth Virtual Congress of Cardiology (FVCC) (instructions to follow to have them included).
Abstracts should be sent exclusively in .DOC, .SXW or (preferably) .RTF formats, as attached files in an e-mail message, to the address email@example.com
Languages: Abstracts will be accepted in Spanish, English, and/or Portuguese. If sent in Spanish or Portuguese, submitting a version in English too is suggested (not excluding).
- The length of the Abstract should be no longer than 300 words (titles, authors and place of origin are not included in this figure)
- First, the Title of the paper should be included, with no abbreviations, Arial 12, bold, centered
- Next, the authors: last name(s), followed by first name(s). The names of the authors should be separated by a semicolon, Arial 10, bold, centered
- Next, the name of the Institution, city, province or state, and country where the paper originated, Arial 10, normal, centered
- Finally, the text of the abstract in Arial 10, normal, following this order:
Material and Methods
Use of Sotalol in Patients with Chagasic Heart Failure
Pérez José; Romero Antonio Francisco; Quiroga Atilio
Hospital Regional del Sur. Río Turbio, Santa Cruz. Argentina.
Introduction: Heart Failure.
Objectives: This work.
Material and Methods: 18 patients.
Results: Group A:.
Discussion: The process of.
Conclusions: The answers.
The abstract should be registered in some of the following thematic units (the registration may be modified by the Selection Board):
- Arrhythmias and Electrophysiology
- Bioengineering and Medical Informatics
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Chagas Disease
- Peripheral and Cerebral Vascular Diseases
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Epidemiology and Cardiovascular Prevention
- Sports Cardiology
- Hemodynamics - Cardiovascular Interventions
- High Blood Pressure
- Informatics in Cardiology
- Heart Failure
- Cardiovascular Recovery and Extracorporeal Perfusion
- Technicians in Cardiology
The following data from each of the Authors should be stated:
- First and last names.
- Institution(s) where the scientific activity is performed.
- Address, phone, fax and e-mail address (at least one e-mail address per paper).
All the authors should be registered to the Fifth International Congress of Cardiology by the Internet - FVCC (we remind you that many participants may register with a single e-mail address).
A Selection Board will analyze each Abstract, classifying it as:
- Accepted as Brief Communication
- Accepted under the condition corrections are made
General procedure to manage the Abstracts:
- They will be received by the Scientific Committee (SC).
- The SC will send copies to 3 (three) members (Judges) of the Selection Board, without the data of the authors or the origin of the paper.
- The Judges will assess the Abstract and send to the SC:
- Accepted as Brief Communication
- Being reviewed
- Corrections or modifications necessary to be accepted;
- Justification if rejected.
- The Scientific Committee will communicate the results to the authors.
- If the category is "Accepted under the condition corrections are made," the SC will send to the authors the corrections needed, and they will have until June 15 th to send the corrected Abstract again (this will be the last version, which will be either Approved or Rejected).
- The final result will spring from the majority of opinions from the 3 evaluating members. For instance:
- If two out of the three members consider that a given abstract should be accepted, it will be so;
- If two out of the three members consider that a given abstract should be rejected, it will be so;
- If two out of the three members consider that a given abstract should be considered "Accepted under the condition corrections are made," it will be so;
- If one of them considers that it should be accepted, another one that it should be corrected, and the third one that it should be rejected, it will be considered as "Accepted under the condition corrections are made."
- The decision by the SC, based on the classification made by the Judges, will be incontestable.
Presentation of the full text (Brief Communication)
Once the Selection Board makes its decision, and only in the cases the corresponding Abstract is considered "Accepted as Brief Communication", it will be possible to present the communications in Spanish, Portuguese, or English. In the cases the texts are presented in Spanish or Portuguese, sending an English version too is suggested (not excluding). The contents should be in complete agreement with those of the Abstract.
The Brief Communications may have texts and images, according to the following characteristics:
To send the material, it is indispensable to separate the texts from the images and to send the latter by e-mail as attached files in their original format.
The following order should be observed in the presentation:
- Materials and Methods
- The text should be sent in .DOC or (preferably) .RTF files
- Maximal length: 3 (three) pages, size A4
- Font and format: Title: Arial 14, bold, written in Upper and lower case
- Author(s): Arial 12, bold
- Place of origin: Arial 10, normal
- Body of the text: Arial 10, normal, single spacing
- Legend of the figures: Arial 8, normal, single spacing
- Bibliographical references in the text: Arial 8, normal, between square brackets 
- Bibliography: Arial 8, normal, single spacing
- When it corresponds, it should be stated if it was carried out:
- In an Iberian-American institution,
- By Residents,
- By Nurses,
- By Technicians.
Up to 7 (seven) images may be included, which may be static, such as tables, graphs, pictures, or moving (dynamic), such as videos of echocardiograms, angiographies, ventriculograms, etc.
- Static images should be apart from the text and sent as attached files in their own format.
- The legends of each image should be included in the same file where the text is, in .DOC or (preferably) .RTF format, included after the bibliography.
- If to obtain the images they should be scanned, resolution should be equal or less than 150 dpi
- Formats: exclusively .JPG or .GIF formats
- Maximal sizes in pixels : width 600, height 450 (if they are wider and/or higher, the possibility of splitting them should be considered).
- Moving (dynamic) images should be apart from the text and sent as attached files in their original format (.JPG or .GIF, not .DOC or .RTF).
- The legends of each image should be included in the same file where the text is, submitted in .DOC or (preferably) .RTF format, included after the bibliography.
- Videos: the formats should be .AVI or .MPG and each file should have a maximal size of 500 Kb.
Files made in Flash may be used. They should be sent in .fla format exclusively. If the resulting file(s) are greater than 5 Mb, send the material in a CD by conventional mail to: QCVC - Courreges 40 (3100) Paraná, Entre Ríos, ARGENTINA.
- Animated Gifs: each .GIF file should have a maximal size of 300 Kb.
Note: the presentation of Brief Communications in PowerPoint, OpenOffice or similar files will not be accepted.
Abstracts presented during the Fifth International Congress of Cardiology by the Internet - FVCC, which obtain a mark equal or higher than 6 by the Selection Board (the maximal mark is 7), will be able to have access to awards, so the author will be invited to send the full text of the paper. The latter will be analyzed by a panel of judges constituted "ad hoc". To access an award, it is an indispensable condition to send the full text according to the specifications made (see "Presentation of the full text (Brief Communication)").
The awards will be granted in the following areas:
- Best scientific paper presented in the FVCC
- Best papers
- In Basic Research
- In Clinical Research
- In Epidemiology and Cardiovascular Prevention (sponsored by the InterAmerican Heart Foundation)
- Made by an Iberian-American Institution
- Made by Residents
- In Cardiovascular Nursing
- Made by Technicians in the Cardiovascular Area.
Awards consist of a Diploma granted by the Argentina Federation of Cardiology and the publication of the paper in the Revista de la Federación Argentina de Cardiología.
The decision of the Panel of Judges of the FVCC Awards will be incontestable.
Brief Communications from the XXV and XXVI National Congresses of Cardiology of the FAC:
Brief Communications presented in the 25th and 26th National Congresses of Cardiology of FAC, are considered as accepted to be presented in the Fifth Virtual Congress of Cardiology. The authors that do not wish to participate, should inform so to the Scientific Committee.