Endotelio: Órgano Blanco en las Intervenciones para la Prevención de la Aterosclerosis
Centro de Nutrición Las Condes, Santiago, Chile
Ver presentación On Line
Curriculum del Autor
- Dr. Cuevas was born in 1965 in Santiago, Chile. She went to Catholic University Medical School (1982-1989). After she earned his MD degree, she earns a Master degree in Clinical Nutrition at the Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, University of Chile (1990-1991). Then, Dr Cuevas continued her studies in Nutrition and Metabolism doing a postdoctoral research fellowship at the Center for Human Nutrition, Southwestern Medical Center, University of Texas at Dallas (1992-1993).
- Between 1995 and 2003 she was professor at the Department of Nutrition, Diabetes and Metabolism in the Catholic University of Chile, Medical School. During that period, she developed several researches in the areas of clinical nutrition (dietary interventions), dyslipidemias and the evaluation of endothelial function.
- In 2004 she assumed as Director of the Center of Clinical Nutrition, Department of Internal Medicine at Las Condes Clinic in Santiago, Chile.
- Between 2003 and 2006 she has been member of the Regional Executive Committee for America of the International Atherosclerosis Society, during that period, she founded the Chilean Atherosclerosis working group. Actually she is President of the group.
- In 2004, Dr Cuevas received the Medical Society of Santiago Award, in recognition to her research on the role of diet on endothelial function.
- Dr Cuevas is member of the Medical Society of Santiago, Chilean Association of Clinical Nutrition and Chilean Endocrinology and Diabetes Society.
- Her main areas of interest are: Dyslipidemia, Endothelial function and Metabolic consequences of Obesity. Presently, Dr Cuevas is conducting research on cholesterol metabolism in gallstone disease, genetic analysis in genes involved in cholesterol metabolism in Chilean patients with familiar hypercholesterolemia and obesity and their consequences on endothelial function.
Publicación: Octubre de 2007
FORMULARIO DESACTIVADO A PARTIR DEL
30 de Noviembre de 2007
Preguntas, aportes y comentarios serán respondidos por el relator
o por expertos en el tema a través de la lista de Epidemiología y Prevención Cardiovascular
Llene los campos del formulario y oprima el botón "Enviar"